Interested in nutrition workshops for your workplace? Choose from one of the workshops listed below or work with me on a custom area of interest.. Please inquire here for further information.
Learn the top 10 things to change in your diet that will help you:
- Increase your energy level
- Boost your immune system
- Improve mental clarity
- Have a healthy weight
Whether you are learning for the first time or just need a refresher, this workshop will help motivate you to rejuvenate your wellness goals.
During and after pregnancy are critical times for eating well to nourish your baby. In this workshop you will learn:
- Which fats & oils are essential and which are detrimental to your baby’s development.
- Common toxins found in our every day food & how to avoid them.
- Which foods will give you the essential vitamins & minerals both you and your baby require.
- Lifestyle factors that can help ease you through this unique experience.
- Which foods to introduce first into your baby’s diet to help promote lifelong healthy eating habits.
Food is for both nourishment and enjoyment. In this workshop you will learn:
- Which foods nourish you and which are holding you back from your weight loss goals and why.
- What may be behind your sugar cravings.
- The variety of fats and which ones can actually help you lose weight!
- How complex carbohydrates work in your body vs. simple ones and how it relates to your food cravings.
- Lifestyle factors that will boost your ability to lose weight.
Feeling low, unexplained crying, foggy brain – can all be symptoms of nutritional deficiencies. In this workshop you will learn:
- Which nutrients regulate energy levels and which foods they are found in.
- How to enhance your nervous system’s ability to function.
- Energy drainers & how to avoid them.
- The role of blood sugar & how to get it into balance.
This workshop focuses on what it takes to keep our skin looking young and healthy. Our skin is our largest organ and a major elimination organ – so what you consume will show up in your skin if it needs elimination. In this workshop you will learn:
- Which foods are most detrimental to our skin’s health and why.
- Which nutrients & foods are most beneficial for healthy glowing skin.
- How toxins affect our skin and environmental and lifestyle factors that can lead to premature ageing of the skin.
Immune System Power Diet
Building your immune system isn’t just for flu season, it will help you live younger by deterring degenerative disease. In this workshop you will learn:
- 5 easy steps for supporting a healthy immune system.
- How free radicals and antioxidants work.
- About West Coast superfoods and how to incorporate them into your diet.
- About the destructive power of sucrose and it’s refined carb friends.
- Supplements that will support you when you aren’t getting enough nutrients from your food.
Kids need a full compliment of vitamins and minerals to develop physically, emotionally and mentally. In this workshop you will learn:
- The nutritional necessities for raising healthy kids.
- Tricks for discouraging picky eating and challenging behaviour.
- Additives & toxins that promote hyperactivity.
- How to develop a healthy relationship to foods for your child.
Your increased level of activity will require more food to fuel and maintain a healthy level of energy. There are so many fad diets and “products” to feed your workouts but are they really what your body needs? In this workshop you will learn:
- Which foods will fuel your workouts for sustained energy and vitality.
- The value of aerobic muscles and their fat burning capabilities.
- Which foods and lifestyle factors could be hurting your performance.
- Foods for diminishing inflammation and improving your healing capacity following an injury.
Maintain Your Youthful Vitality!
There is a big difference between growing old and ageing – learn to live life to its fullest at all ages! Learn the secrets of centenarians the world over who are still active and healthy well past 100. There are key factors in diet, lifestyle, social styles and attitude that are common amongst large pockets of centenarians and we will look at how their secrets can be applied to the average Vancouverite to support a zest for life.
- Learn which foods help maintain healthy skin.
- How to maintain proper circulation for your heart and sexual vitality.
- Why malnutrition occurs later in life and practices to avoid this challenge.
- Foods for nourishing your memory, cognitive function and energy levels.
- Why milk isn’t your only answer to strong bones.
- We will touch on super foods and those that strengthen the immune system.